Sunday, February 1, 2009
01 February 2009 - Super Bowl Sunday
Oh well, it is Supper Bowl Sunday, and Jim tells me it is a very important day in sports. I am really not sure who played, but I think Pittsburgh won. I like Pittsburgh and really enjoyed the beer bong when I visited for the AIGA retreat a few years ago. Instead of the typical Super Bowl Sunday menu, I focused on a Panini theme for tonight's menu. Our friends Jeff and Cory joined us for the festivities. Jim and Cory watched the game while Jeff and I worked in the kitchen. We all sported our 3D glasses for the halftime commercials and rocked to the Boss for 12 minutes.
Anyway, I sported an evening of simple Italian inspired flavors for the big event, and I wish that Super Bowl Monday was a national holiday...
- Cannellini Bean Puree with Toasted Baguette
- Grilled Asparagus, Truffle Oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano Bruschetta
- Arugula and Fennel Salad with Fresh Goat Cheese
- A Trio of Twisted Paninis:
• Three Cheese Panini with Parmiaggiano-Reggiano,
Crotonese and Cacio di Roma
• Prosciutto Cotto, Mozzarella and Hot Mustard Panini
• Roasted Chicken Panini with Arugula and Asiago Cheese
- Dessert Paninis with Strawberries and Hand Whipped Cream:
• Nutella and Brioche
• Shmores Panini: Semisweet Chocolate with Cream of Marshmallow